Tuesday, February 9, 2010

growing up can take a day off for a change

I was in the worst class of my day. (math) when i saw somethin i hadnt seen in a long time. Snow. it was falling slowly and feathery, in large white clusters, lightly peppering the ground and the the dark bare trees outside the school window. i started just day dreaming, looking at it as it stuck to the window, rapidly melting. it looked so soft, and peaceful. it was so simple but yet so beautiful.as i stared out the window, and rememberd all the wonderful things snow gave me. snowball fights,snow angels,building snow men,sleding, and playing fort with the boys :). I relized im growing up way to fast, learning and seeing things i shouldnt have. im only 15.im still a kid.i decided after school, i was going to play in the snow. I got home.I put on my big jacket and my gloves, and my snow pants, and my hat, and my boots. I went to the lot and just sat in the snow and smiled, and looked up. the snow was slowly falling on my face, and i almost started laughing, but then i relized i was by myself so that would be wierd lol. The snow was still falling slowly and peacefully. It looked like white cotton balls falling in slow mo. i looked at each little white cotton ball that fell out of the gray cloudy sky. I got up and made a little ball and started rolling it in the snow. it got bigger and bigger, and then i rolled three other fairly large balls and made a snowman. after i was done, i noticed the snow had stopped falling..i started feeling sad, i knew i had to get back to growing up. and the fun was over. i just stood thier looking at my snow man. I slowly took my hat off, and put it on him. and walked back to my house as slowly as i could.

12 comments:

  1. I miss those times when we had no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i miss that, why does growing up mean that you have to stop doing so many things you love?

    ReplyDelete
  3. its ok dawn. you can still do the things u did as a kid, while growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh Daaaawn I looooove you :D
    also I don't know what little force inside of me made me say that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i kno i havent been on :(. im busy lately..i hate being busy :{.

    ReplyDelete
  6. being busy sucks! its too time consuming :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. but then again i also said on someone elses blog (or maybe it was yours) that being bored it a waste of time....theres just to pleasing me !

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww :(. member wen we used to play dollies together dawn? ha. well. i dont. but i do remember lighting them on fire :). those were the fuckin days man..

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! yea...i never really did like barbie dolls XD. but letting them burn is always a good time :p

    ReplyDelete

music in its finest form

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones