Sunday, January 30, 2011

"I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong, but im movin' on"

I paced apprehensively in my room, and I had bitten my nails down to the nub.
I felt like I had been waiting hours for kit to get to my place. Finally i heard a knock on my door. I went to the door quickly and unlocked it. "God damn kitty, took you long enough!" i said "hey relax. i got here when u asked me to dummy. Its 3 o clock?" she said pointing to the clock on the wall. i hadnt even looked at the clock..but it felt like forever. "oh..right. sorry." i said calming down. "listen Dawn. you dont have to say much. we'll go in, then go out. simple as that. got it? now get your panties out of a bunch and lets go." kit said. Her pep talks are usually fool proof on me. but not this time. My stomach was in a knot and my feet felt like they were nailed to the floor. We finally left and i smoked 4 ciggerettes until we finally reached the sign. "here we are. cherry lane. such a happy name, for such a shitty place." i said shaking my head as we stared at the street sign. kit patted my back and kept walking. I stared at it for a moment, lit a ciggerette and moved forward. The sun was just starting to go down, the sky was filled with pinks and oranges. As we got closer, i clenched my hands in fists and tried to slow down the beating in my chest. Me and kit barely talked. there was nothing to say.
I looked up and saw the place i spent my child hood. i shook my head in discust. the place made me sick just by the sight. All i could think was, this is where i lost my innocence, this is where i wasted my youth..
 
I closed my eyes for a moment. "you got this." kit said encouragingly, and with that, we procieded towards Katherine and Michael Cade's house. We got on the porch and i literally felt like i needed to go throw up in a bush (preferably thier bush, for my own amusment) but all jokes aside, my stomach was turning. I felt like it took me 5 years to lift up my hand and ring the door bell. After a few moments, i heard shuffling in the house, and someone unlocked the door. I sighed. The door opend and i Saw Katherine. she had a confused but happy look on her face. "Dawn. this is a pleasent suprise." She said. I didnt look at her. i looked every where but at her. "i need the necklace." i said plainly. I had gotten a necklass from my grandmother when she was on her death bed, and she meant the world to me, it was a gold locket, and i had left it here when we left. "oh right of course." she said. "why dont you both come on in? We made cookies" she said smiling and nodding. I knew the whole thing was a fasad. She was only acting nice to get me back in the house so she could push me around some more. "no thanks." i said. still not looking at her. "well dear i dont know where you left your necklass, youll have to come in and look for it anyway. it might be in ur room." I walked in without saying anything, and me and kit went upstairs.  It felt so odd walking through those same halls. I saw on the wall where me johnny and brook got messured when we were younger. So many memmories this place held in its walls. I passed johnnys old room and saw it had a race car bed and toys. my heart sank, do i have another sibling?  i thought. "kit. look." i said quietly, pointing into the room. she raised her eye brows. neither of us said anything. we continued to my room. "this is ganna take forever dawn. how are u ganna remember where u put a necklass from years ago?" Kit said putting her hands on her hips. "its in there." i said pointing to my old diary. I opend it with the key, and there it was. I smiled and took the  dusty diary and my necklace from the room. Kit left the room and started down stairs. I looked around for a minute. You could still see the sunset peaking from over the trees out of my window. I turned off the light in my room, and went down stairs. "what are you two doin here" my drunken father said with a nasty look on his face. He aged so much through those couple years. I tried to ignore him, the door was right there and then i would never have to see this place again. his arm stopped me and kit from walking out the door. "i knew youd come back. You need us." he sneered. I didnt look at him either. but behind Michael i saw a scared little boy. with bright blue eyes and black hair. He looked like me. He stood behind his father, and he had a bruise on his cheak. he couldnt have been more then 2 or 3. "hey! do you hear me!" michael said, taking me out of my thoughts. He shook me real fast. I remember promising to myself i would never let that man hit or hurt me ever again. "you dont fucking touch me." i said looking at him dead in the eye. "you hear me? ur a piece of shit. And i feel sorry for that little boy standing behind you, who has to grow up in this sorry excuse for a home." I said with anger.  He was stunned. "i am not afraid of you anymore. and i sure as hell dont need you." Right before we left, i stared into the little boys scared eyes sympathetically. My father probably would have back handed me in the face, but he was to shocked to make a move. I grew up alot over the years. Me and kit walked out the door. I smiled, and we walked home.

13 comments:

  1. Hell yeah Ms.Cade =D next time take one of us guys with ya, I need a good punching bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. lols. will do sofa. i wonder what the kids name was..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow new little bro :/ hope he grows up alright with those folks

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwww :( pooor little boy. but good job dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shit u guys got a littel brother :/
    u def shoulda took me or somethin to kick ur dads fuckin ass
    ooh btw "necklASS" hahahahaa sorry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soda that's a little insulting. I am perfectly capable of defending DC in her time of need.

    Oh! We'll organize a surprise adoption for the kid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm..kid- snatching is always an option. but with kid snatching also equals jail which equals alot of lesbians which equals hell no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not like your parents will really notice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. theyll probably notice, they just wont care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sigh..alright kit. secret agents KC and DC are on yet another case.

    ReplyDelete
  11. KC/DC to the rescue!!!!!! Kidnapping one kid at a time and getting laid before dinner time.

    ReplyDelete

music in its finest form

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones