Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nothing gold can stay...

...I think it was spring.I was in my back yard.It was perfect weather,The sun was brighter and warmer then ever,not a cloud insight.the flowers were all diffrent shades of colors,reds,blues,purples,pinks,every color imaginable. the peddles were still wet from the rain the day before. I think i was 7. We were running around yelling and smiling,laughing.Johnny and brook were thier. So was my father.I think we were playing some type of childish hide and go seek game. My dad would chase us around,pretending like he couldnt catch us. he was chasing me and picked me up off the ground and swung me around while he held me. "you cant run now!". He smiled.I laughed. He had a nice smile.I squirmed down from his embrace. "Now you have to tag me!" He said. he would slow down. and let me catch him."got you Daddy!" we both laughed. "yeah i guess you did kiddo...".. he kissed me on the forehead.. We walked back to the back porch to drink the sweet lemonade mom had made us all."whats your favorite flower dawn?" He asked as we stared at the rows of flowers in moms colorful garden. The way he asked, he sounded as if nothhing was more important, then asking me What my favorite flower was. "The blue one!" i said, so excited to answer his simple question."Thats a blue violet hun."I like the red rose alot." he said." yeah. I do to daddy." Of course I only said that because I just wanted to like the same flower as he liked."But your my favorite flower ." he said with such happiness as he started tickling me. I laughed and yelled. "ok kids, inside, dinners on the table." He sounded so disapointed that we had to stop playing together. brooklyn, johnny and dad went inside. I went by the garden and looked at the flowers. The red rose truly was beautiful. I reached down and picked the rose,and put it in the pocket on my sun dress. the sun began to set, so I ran to the door.(i was thinking of this the other day.)..But now, it seems so unreal. That he was actually like that. I almost feel like I made it all up in my head, his smile,his laugh,him actually caring about us,everything good. its odd how people could change,so much. Hes not even close to the same person.And he never will be again,after beating us,screaming at us,kicking us out, making us run away...and now,everything good that he was, is gone. I cant help thinking about it. Its one of the few good memories i still have left of him. when i was young was the only time i felt safe in that house. when i wasnt scared at getting yelled at or hit. When i could talk to mom or dad without getting screamed at. when i was a kid, wen i was a really young kid, was the only time i felt i had a real home.When I would come inside with a scraped knee and Dad would tell me Its gana b ok...ur gana b ok. When they cared were i was, and what i was doing. Now all that he was, that they were, is just a faint,faiding memory...

10 comments:

  1. that made me sad reading that dawn!!! i miss that too! and i miss dad being nice to us and playing tag and everthing! even mom being nice to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! I Wonder What Happened To Him That Made Him So Mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. he decided that beer i better then his family. and, wat ever else. im not sure..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when he was this nice, now he's a douche. No offence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. agreed. none taken steven. none taken :D...

    ReplyDelete
  6. now why would we take offense to that??? we hate him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg im gna run mother fucking train over cherry valence i swear..look at ponys coments..

    ReplyDelete
  8. He was a good dad..... I remember him the most. Well maybe he was a bad dad all along. What good bad picks beer over his own kids? When I have kids i'm not gonna do what my dad did to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yea and im so not gonna do wat mom did to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You better be a good dad Johnnycake, and Brooke you'll be a great mom. You're already a great person.

    ReplyDelete

music in its finest form

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones